Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Stone Cold Crazy

Crazy Is My Superpower: How I Triumphed by Breaking Bones, Breaking Hearts, and Breaking the Rules – A J Mendez Brooks (Crown Archetype)

Full disclosure up front- No I am not a wrestling fan, no I don’t watch WWE, No I have never read any of the current or former wrestler biographies and quite frankly I wouldn’t know A J Mendez Brooks or her alter ego A J Lee if she bit me on the backside.

That said, I can tell you with all honesty that Mendez Brooks truly lives up to the old saw about “good things coming in small packages.” This lady is a true powerhouse and I found Crazy Is My Superpower: How I Triumphed by Breaking Bones, Breaking Hearts, and Breaking the Rules – A J Mendez Brooks to a fun, entertaining read. She offers up a heartfelt story and what I think is some well grounded guidance that I will share with my teenage daughter in the hopes that she will learn from the drive and hard work that Mendez Brooks spells out.



Wrestle nerds may be disappointed by the smaller than expected volume of WWE and wrestling related material included here. Her chapter ending entries dubbed, “Diary of an Unfit Mind” are priceless in their humor, candor and raw edge.


While I may not have been a follower of her wrestling career; after reading Crazy Is My Superpower I will admit that I will watch for what is next from Mendez Brooks.

No comments: