Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What Was I Thinking?

The Whole Thing Together – Anne Brashears (Delecorte Press)

I get the whole young reader (YR) thing, but do people really read this stuff?

From the author who brought forth the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books Anne Brashears, comes her latest entry, The Whole Thing Together. I knew I was in trouble when I cracked open the book and was confront with something dubbed the The Thomas-Harrison Family in Brief, which I can best describe as either a an organizational chart or a road map to the book’s characters who populate the book.



Good rule of thumb, if you need to map to characters…you’re starting out in a hole. Sasha and Ray share a house, a bedroom and a bed…just not at the same time. Confused yet? That’s where the org chart comes in…clearly this is not my cup of Jello.


Obviously there is a huge following for Brashears books and this may be perfect for some readers…but I am clearly not a teenage girl.

No comments: