Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bieber...The Koppel Factor



I've always prided myself for my ability to pick out hit records, but pop music has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I know what's good, but sometimes the unexplainable happens.

While watching the (thank God) semi-final episode of this season's painful American Idol I was treated to my first taste of pop sensation Justin Bieber. The kid has the number one record in the nation, but for the life of me I fail to see what the fuss is about.

Bieber crooned his way through to forgetable songs, that had the girl's in camera range mouthing along the words, some near tears, and no we aren't talking about a handful of tweens! These were full grown women!

I can't quite put my finger on it, but could the attraction to young Justin really be the Ted Koppel Factor?! You decide.




No comments: