Friday, July 10, 2015

Un-common Sense

Making the Case: How to Be Your Own Best Advocate – Kimberly Guilfoyle (Harper)

Having worked my way through a few of the other books by the ladies of Fox News, I have to admit up front that Making the Case: How to Be Your Own Best Advocate by Kimberly Guilfoyle, one of the anchors of The Five was not what I had expected going in. Guilfoyle is a former San Francisco assistant District Attorney, who worked as a high profile legal analyst along the way to her current gig; so I had expected a more legal based book.

What Making the Case: How to Be Your Own Best Advocate turns out to be is more a guided tour to not only her own personal story, but how to navigate your way through both your professional and personal life. As a person who earns their living in the health care industry, I read with particular interest Guilfoyle’s thoughts on advocating for your own health and caring for aging parents.


Given her track record on the martial front, with multiple swings and misses to her credit; including one to the Liberal nut bag, former Mayor of San Francisco Gavin Newsome (Irksome is more like it) I’m sure I would take some of her personal advice with a grain of salt or two.

Her advice on clarity, brevity and having the facts is something that I can certainly relate to and advice that I have tried to impart to my own children. Chock full of not so common sense, Making the Case: How to Be Your Own Best Advocate will likely drive the Fox News haters to the brink and that alone makes it worth the price of admission.

 

No comments: